Saturday, October 25, 2008

sweating.but exhilarated nonetheless.

i just played three songs sitting on the east quad counter. i was on my way back to my room to get my psych notebook. abby was working behind the counter and she was playing guitar. she made me stop and play her a song. she had to help activate a temporary key for a girl who locked herself out so i went up to get my notebook first. she played me one of her songs first, which was absolutely amazing. her voice is sooooo beautiful! the guitar accompanied her lyrics and melody PERFECTLY. i was totally carried away in my imagination. the song was a Christian song talking about how no matter where she goes, God knows and watches after her constantly.: ) it's so beautiful.

at first, i played "some peace of mind." she really enjoyed it, so i played her "free." she made me re-do the ending three times because i kept cracking up and so my voice kept wavering. she was like: " end confidently! do it again." ahahha i should play in front of her more often because she gives me really good feedback. she told me that my music reminds her of a mix of vanessa carlton and michelle branch. i get the michelle branch part quite a lot but it was still refreshing to hear it.: ) she likes how i do riffs on the melody and with the guitar. haha.notice my blogspot name. she was talking about how she's having trouble writing songs at the moment ( " a dry well" she called it) and how it seemed impossible to have sad lyrics to an upbeat tune. then i told her that i actually wrote a song like that.i played her "and he said." man, there were so many people walking past the counter and just sitting in the lounge. thank goodness no one complained or told me to shut-up or anything.haha i'm tomato-free so i guess that's a good sign.

it was great just being able to play in front of another songwriter who is also a Christian. thank You for leading me to her, God.

No comments: