Monday, October 20, 2008

the way it is.

at around 5 pm, i trekked to my sister's apartment, which is a 7-minute walk from my dorm. by the time i passed u towers, i started running because the rain started getting bigger. i quickly knocked and jerry let me in. my sister had just started cooking the delicious 魯肉飯we've been talking about for the past week. little did i know that once i started talking about life, i didn't stop until our plates were empty.

i'm really grateful that God gave me an older sister like Mello. No one will ever be able to replace her. she listened to me talk, injecting in her "words of wisdom" here and there, and just made me feel at home.it's been so long since we've been able to spend some time one-on-one. i usually see her at large group so there are always lots of people around.

one thing i realized while talking to her is that life is so unresolved. most of the time, our complications and situations don't have solutions at all, not at the time when we want them at least. i know that God has His timing in giving us the answers and all, but at times i just get very impatient. i'm still in the process of learning how to become a more patient person. it's grueling but i'm willing to let God take me through it. as long as He's guiding me, i'm not going to worry about it incessantly like i have been doing. yeah it was more than eating a good home-cooked meal with my dearest sister.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are such a lucky girl with mello always. I am a lucky mom too.