Sunday, June 14, 2009

a blogpost before the monday outage on blogger.com

Honestly, I haven't been updating because I have nothing to blog about. You think you can live off of nonsense - THAT is nonsense. I'm not accustomed to talking when there's no circulating topic. I often let conversations die when I feel there is no more fuel to keep it burning. Haha. I guess I'm not too good at saying goodbye - I just run.

So many high school events have been happening this past week. I know a lot of my classmates have gone back and attended these but I've kept my distance. The only one I feel a little bit irked for missing was Unplugged. Some of my best high school memories happened there - Pot and Pan performances for one. Our most epic performance was actually our first and last: "Soco Ameretto Lime" and "3-course meal." Da-ang - I will never forget those two performances. Along with Unplugged, there's prom tonight at Lakeshore and graduation was on Wednesday. Even though Lakeshore hotel is right down from my house, I don't have the slightest desire to "go check it out" as an alum. Haha. I believe it's because I didn't enjoy three of the four proms I went to. I will now share with you the awkful (awkward and awful) memories of prom:

Freshman year - I decided to ask my friend Droo to the prom by folding a paper crane and giving it to him at choir. He knew what it was before he opened the paper crane - he said yes. We went together but I wish I didn't ask him because during the whole night, I just wanted to be dancing with someone else. Yes, foolish of me to give into peer pressure and suffer the consequences. I felt bad for constantly ditching him, but I just...didn't want to be with him.

Sophomore year - not much to say really. I enjoyed it : ) It was held in Chubei (different city) at a hotel called "Paris." The theme that year was Moulin Rouge so it was very appropriate.

Junior year- I was in charge of organzing the photos with Nancy. I was walking painfully in my heels the whole night, calling people to take their photos. It didn't help that people were late and all over the place. I had one hour of prom to dance and eat. Not very fun at all. I remember holding blue and yellow glowsticks and thinking "Michigan." Haha.

Senior year - it was raining that day and the location didn't offer cover. I was wearing a floor-length silk dress so when I got inside the building, I had rain stains on my dress. Luckily they dried before I had my pictures taken. Turns out the photographer was worse than the one we found for the seniors in my junior year. [shakes head]. I spent most of the night signing yearbooks in the dark. I was assigned to sit at a table I didn't sign up for - I wasn't able to sit with my good friends because of various reasons. This actually stirred up some furious emotions before prom but I just accepted it on the day since one of guys at my classmates' table refused to switch with me. He wasn't even in my class - this is what I found infuriating. Near the end of the night, my song dedication "Here's to the Night"-Eve 6 came up and needless to say, I was psyched. The juniors announced it as "the last song so go find your date" when it was actually the second to last song. Not one single person in my grade wanted to do a big circle thing - I sat out for that song because I didn't go with a date. Hm. Some tears fell because I felt very left out when the song was my gift to my classmates, except no one appreciated it because of miscommunication. I was too tired and fed up to go to the post-prom party so I went home and slept it off. Horrible prom I must say.

No comments: