Wednesday, June 17, 2009

evening talk.time for a walk.

Rethinking the lyrics of "Be My Escape"-Relient K.

I’ve given up on giving up slowly
I’m blending in so you won’t even know me
Apart from this whole world that shares my fate
This one last bullet you mention
It’s my one last shot at redemption
Cause I know to live you must give your life away

to become a matyr? a brave God-lover to the point
where it's okay for you to die?"for to live is
Christ and to die is gain."
-philippians

And I’ve been housing all this doubt
and insecurity
And I’ve been locked inside that house
All the while you hold the key
And I’ve been dying to get out
And that might be the death of me
And even though there’s no way of knowing
Where to go
I promise I’m going because…

Haha trapped in a house.trapped inside of
ourselves, our selfish desires.
not literally.when i first heard this song when
i was 15, i thought of it
as a child being locked up in the house by the
parents because of something the
child did. grounded is what you call it haha.

I gotta get out of here
I’m stuck inside this rut that I fell into by mistake
I gotta get out of here
And I’m begging you, I’m begging you, I’m begging you to be my escape

Sin. Problems. Mistakes. Human nature. Begging
God to help us out, always.
And He never fails to do so even though we are
quite despicable.


I’ve given up on doing this alone now
Guess I failed and I’m ready to be shown how
You told me the way and now I’m trying to get there
And this life sentence that I’m serving
I admit that I’m every bit deserving
But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

Yeah.self-sufficiency won't do..in the long-run.
the key is humility
and obedience to God. "Life sentence" refers to..
the life that we have on earth huh. Life isn't fair
because God made it that way - we are so sinful yet
God continues to love us without fail.Hm.

I am a hostage to my own humanity
Self-detained and forced to live in this mess I’ve made
And all I’m asking is for you to do what you can with me
But I can’t ask you to give what you already gave.

Adam and Eve. Hostages we are to sin. "Forced to live." Even
though we have free will, we are still captives of sin
a lot of the time. Pray that God will have mercy on us
and use us to the max. That is true; we can't ask for
salvation when He has already given it to us. something
to mull over.

I fought you for so long
I should have let you in
Oh how we regret those things we do
And all I was trying to do was save my own skin (oh)
But so were you
So were you

"saving my own skin." OHHHH God is trying
to save our skin as well!!! I get it.
I used to still think of the "you" as
a girlfriend so i thought the girl was trying
to save herself, like everyone else is.Haha.
I think when i first heard it, i forgot that Relient K.
is a Christian band. Wow i'm really starting to appreciate
how they weaved in God into this song. sweet.

No comments: