Friday, June 26, 2009

moving forward.means giving up even the best parts of the past.

by giving up, i mean giving it to God and leaving the past where it's at. there's no sense in toying with it any longer - what could possibly be gained by being reminiscent or hating who you were before? Nil. As I sip this cup of homemade lemonade made by my mom, I ponder why it takes me so long to GET OVER something, to cut myself loose from it.

I guess I'm just a dreamer who thinks that something could always have gone differently if only...blah blah blah. eventually i get tired of thinking, mulling it over in my head. this whole process just makes me sick - i'd rather be doing something else, really. i should be reading a book, recording a song, maybe even getting an extra hour of sleep in before i start training for work tomorrow. the practical side always screams at my idealistic wandering thoughts to get out of this illusion i've trapped myself with.

No comments: