Saturday, July 19, 2008

contemplative

during the sermon this morning, i suddenly thought of what norah jones said in "my blueberry nights."

(explaining to jude law why she didn't go into his shop one last time to say goodbye before she left for a year): "i didn't go in because if i did, i would be the same elizabeth. i didn't want that." that line really struck my heart because like the elizabeth character, i know i need to let go of taiwan and everything that is going to remain here. even though i've been having a blast (esp. during this last summer) and i might not be sick of the sameness anymore like i was a few months ago, i know it's time to go. the past week, i was getting super nervous and scared about going into the "unknown" (aka: college). after hanging around with my friends on friday, i felt a lot better. just knowing that we're all on the same boat, that we have the same worries is a great comfort. now i am more ready to embrace what is to come. it might hurt me, but i'm not going to let that hinder me from enjoying my college life. it's what i've been looking forward to for the past two years. i may not have given it enough thought (even by now), but i trust God will continue to guide me through it all. i mean, getting in was already a miracle. i can trust that He has a lot of wonderful things to show me in Michigan. Now i can't wait to go.27 days left.: )

No comments: