Thursday, July 31, 2008

some old poems

What are you thinking about?
In this moment of silence
As these words play across your brain
Where do they go? They pack themselves in between your busy lives
Life is short. We are easily forgetful.
Blink once, twice, as many times as you need
Just don’t keep your eyes shut for too long
You may miss out on what’s most important
When you perceive this colorful mosaic
Try not to focus on each pigment, each square of glass
Zoom out, once in awhile
Refocus on the bigger picture, the real reason you get up and go to school for
It sure wouldn’t be pleasant if you didn’t have a reason
=============================================
“Blue to Grey”
I watch the sky fade
From grey to blue to blue to grey
It’s all the same
In my colorless world
Where did all the color go
Why can’t I put on that superficial glow
I thought I could pull off
I always thought I could be
A part of something
Love can be the hardest thing
To give and to get
It’s filled with the past
And the present, the future can be reconsidered
Cuz we live like we only have now
We love like love won’t ever come around
Again we do things for the moment
We’re afraid because we don’t know
What will happen next
What color will appear instead
Of the blue we know too well.
==============================================
I am a prisoner
In my own head
I can’t explain it
I never can.
I would like to run
From thinking, about anything
Because I feel smothered
By it all.
if I keep running farther
And neglect time’s existence
Will it really just leave me alone?
Will God really let me get away with it all?
I don’t think so, even though I childishly hope that is the case
Reassessment. Reflection. Think, think, think.
For a moment, I’ll stand still
Still from the running, the hiding, the fighting.
For once, I’ll stay put even when the daylight starts fading
Because it’s necessary. To grow. Change. Keep moving.

No comments: