Friday, August 22, 2008

after reading "change of heart"

on the last page before the epilogue of the novel, there was a quote printed on the empty pages:

"There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein


i really like this quote because i fully agree with Albert Einstein: we only have one life to live. you can view it however you want to view it.

this brings me to think about eating a bowl of pho tonight by myself. it was the first time eating out by myself for a long time. my friends ate at 5, but i wasn't hungry then, so i didn't go find them. i had to go pick up my hair dryer and batteries at my sister's place after dinner anyway. it was still quite lonely eating noodles while watching a group of 8 people sit together for a wonderful dinner. : |

my lock-out created an opportunity for me to knock on my neighbor's door. it was quite funny because when i knocked, she was like: "誰! 誰!" really loudly so i said: "隔壁的!" yeah, her name is stephanie, the name i ALMOST had. she accompanied me to find the RA. thank goodness they passed us in the hallway.the RA wrote my UM id number down. i think it's the same policy we had at camp: you can't exceed 3 or more lock-outs or else you'll have to pay a penalty. at camp, it was wearing an orange (basically, different colored) lanyard to signify that you locked yourself out a multiple of times. but in college, it'll probably be a fine or community service.

okay i'm going to go shower now.hopefully there will be hot water tonight.despite that it's still summer, it gets pretty cold at night here.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

aww tiff, that's really cute. :D glad you finally met your neighbor! :) you left your orientation book here - do you need it today? i'm going to jerry's house for the day (it's his dad's birthday) but i'll be home tonight. do you need anything?? let me know!