Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hotel Room 113

sitting here in front of this mirror listening to "gone"-nsync. had my first dinner on the umich campus today. it was pretty decent. asian-spiced western food. salmon was still my favorite. probably cuz it reminds me of how my mom makes it.i'm really missing the food. for example, for lunch (actually ate at 2:30 today), my sister and Jerry bought McDonalds for us. even after eating a big mac, i was still so hungry. i can only say that my hunger here is different than the hunger i get in taiwan. i'm hungry for taiwanese food. it's not that the food here isn't filling, believe me it is, but it just isn't satiating my appetite.weird huh? well i guess i just have to get used to it.must find a way to make my life start here. God, i pray that i will follow You closely.

maybe i'll watch some grey's anatomy later.or finish "change of heart"-jodi picoult. i actually slept a lot today, but for some reason, i feel like sleep is my ultimate refuge from adjusting at the moment. i don't even have dreams when i sleep. it's like my brain is refusing to accept that i'm finally in michigan. i'll learn to get used to it. meanwhile, i'm missing taiwan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good......

Michellious said...

i like the title for this post. : ) "hotel 113". kindda darkly poetic. heheh.

i'm trying to put myself in your shoes - it does already make me feel a lil scared thinking about when i go away to college. at least you'll still have mel and jerry. : D

i miss you already. somehow you feel extra far away...